love & lifestyle photography

wild things



HOPE FAMILY DISAPPOINTMENT LIES TRUTH HOPE TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER KING HOPE SAVIOUR ADVENTURE KINGDOM HOPE OWNER OF THIS WORLD WILD CONQUER FEAR HOPE BROTHER MOTHER SISTER JUST A BOY HOPE LET WILD RUMPUS START! W H O O O O H O O O O A

I didn't expect to be insired when I took my wild things to a matinee for profound self-portrait of "Where the Wild Things Are". Self-portrait of them - most assuredly 4yr boy! - but of myself as well. We are all WILD THINGS.
Dare I say myself, more than others??
Hubby's description of me recently was 16yr-boy-in-woman's-body when he saw the hole I kicked into the door of our wood-room. {Wood is a hot-topic in my household as ever since hubby put in wood heat, back trouble and working out-of-town has prevented him from much of the hauling. And I am of the persuassion that hauling dirty wood & chopping kindling is hardly "women's work"!} Yes, I used to be a feminist and no, not sure what happened to that.
Willing myself to help, for a change, I attacked the wood pile by myself. Wheel-barrow load after wheel-barrow load. Except that wildly swinging door kept getting in my way. I swear it was personal! And yes, I do blame the door for being there. In my defence, however, it is a rather flimsy door - hence the swinging wildly - and I do have rather strong legs. {See wheel-barrowing above.}
Needless to say, hole was placed in door when said door would not co-operate and said 16yr-boy-in-woman's-body would not let door win.
I see this side of myself and know I need an adventure. But my own Wildness scares me enough to hold back. Sure I can kick holes in doors, but don't ask me to move across the country or give up my coffee-creamer-trans-fats. A girl's gotta have her limits! What are your limits? And how have you gone Wild, girls?


Cat - I don't have the attention span to read too many instructions - have you met my brother;) What is it you need, in 20 words or less.