love & lifestyle photography

'09 memorables III; dreams

"The dream was always running ahead of me.
To catch up, to live for a moment in unison with it, that was the miracle."





I named my daughter something unconventional, something difficult, something deeply meaningful.  Her name is Anais [ah-nay] and she is named after my story-telling, history-sharing Grandmother [derivative of Agnes], for whom I can credit my love for story and which eventually led to teaching it.  It is a name rich in meaning, "one who is full of grace".   A name that reminds me of the dainty perfume bottles my mother had when I was a child.  And Hebrew, not French, as it's commonly assumed.  [Not that I'm Jewish either.] 
She is an absolute dream!
And then I find the words of another Anais, Anais Nin [whose work I have not read] and feel like she is a part of our inner circle of women.  For how can she know this about me. 
At first it was my dream to photograph and design and write.  And then it was to teach, only to the detriment of my first dreams - photography being one.  That dream was always running ahead of me, or me of it, I don't know which.  But as my current reality brings more of my passions together, I feel as though I am starting to live in unison.
"Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living." Anais Nin