love & lifestyle photography

pink perfection

There's something not-quite-right about Gaga.  I find being so over-the-top dramatic can detract from the artform and leave us asking who is she?  Who is the authentic, former Catholic school girl, Lady Gaga when nobody is watching?
Pink, on the other hand, was perfection.  Sure the mom in me would prefer a little more fabric covering her assets at last nights' Grammys.  But it was her voice that captured my attention and engaged me -albeit female viewer - throughout an awe-inspiring performance. 
I just love her; not sure why. 
I'm sure it's something to do with her lovely mix of strong-jaw strength and emotional nakedness with that husky voice and blonde bodaciousness. 
It made me wonder whether Pink could have been inspired to go all out, performance-wise, by Gaga's drama?  Do you think we all have that kind of sphere of influence?  One of my favorite quotes suggests: 
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate... [but] that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light ... that frightens us most... 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' .... You are a child of God... We were born to make manifest the glory... it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we give other people permission to do the same.”