love & lifestyle photography

be as a bird; avary's bridals

Be as a bird perched on a frail branch
that she feels bending beneath her,
still she sings away all the same,
knowing she has wings. - Victor Hugo
Have you ever been to an aviary?  So peaceful and idyllic - like a page out of heaven.  Maybe that's why I find Avary Scott might just have the prettiest name, ever.  ['Avery' was on my short-list for my daughter, but I particularly like her spelling with an 'ar'] 
It's possible, I suppose, that my sub-conscious took her name as inspiration when I created our own little aviary in the forest for the first installment of her bridals.  This gnarly tree was such a find amidst all the fresh Spring green sprouting around us. 
There will be more.
For today, listen to the birds' song.

concept & styling - FRESH
makeup - Emily Kjelshus
wedding cake - A Kneada Baker
assistant - Paige