love & lifestyle photography

Nelson Wedding Photography; alexandra . kevin II


[W]hen you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody,
you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
- Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally


Welcome to the garden; the second installment of Alexandra and Kevin's Funk ' n Garden wedding, characterized by garden fresh florals and delicious evening light!  
Although FRESH coverage was to begin post-ceremony, I couldn't contain myself and snuck into the gorgeous Cathedral of Mary Immaculate to grab a few greedy captures.  
Although rain threatened our fun outside, it was only the sprinklers in the park that got us slightly damp instead!   The other surprise for Alex came in the form of a pink cruiser.  Knowing about her 50's gown beforehand, I surprised her with my bike for a joy-ride.  From there we headed to her parents property in the Slocan Valley for a garden-party with garden fresh flowers, tree jewellery, a cake to die for and dancing with daughter Peyton and guests under twinkle lights.  [The elusive Peyton is about the most adorable creature that does not share my dna but proved very hard to capture!]
Isn't everything more lovely under twinkle lights?
Congratulations Alex and Kevin.  You should definately have more babies!
cake Sweet Dreams Heritage Inn and Cakery
[I had Sweet Dreams Heritage Inn and Cakery design my children's birthday cake - another post - because, well, I've sampled her divine wedding cakes, she sells out her cupcakes @ the Rossland Mountain Market in minutes and she is awesome!]