love & lifestyle photography

FRESHkid; brogan . aila

   A child is a curly dimpled lunatic. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tara's darlings were particularly full of spunk and wonder.  Aila had been unwell and up all night, hence the super-shiny eyes.  [But her moist eyes made for lovely sparkle!] 
And Brogan was lightning fast.  And adorable!
As comfort to parents, I always share, "The earlier shoots I did with my own children always ended with tears.  Mine and/or there's!"  There is just so much energy and emotion and expectation.  But the more we can just let them be, as Tara was good at doing, the more likely we are to capture something special.
On another note, I am in absolute bliss in my new home studio.  Formerly on-location-only,  I can now enjoy creating an atmosphere, control lighting, and all from the comfort of my own home.  It also means I'm home to hug the kid that comes home from school unexpectedly and can escape winter's snow.  Bad news in, I need to clean house; good news is, I need to clean house.  Needless to say, the Mr. is loving new studio as well.
Come by for a visit!