love & lifestyle photography

good morrow valentine's day

Good Morrow

I wonder, by my truth, what thou and I
Did, till we loved? ... If ever any beauty I did see,
Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee.

And now good morrow to our waking souls,
Which watch not one another out of fear;
For love, all love of other sights controls,
And makes one little room, an everywhere...


Let maps to others, worlds on worlds have shown,
Let us possess our world; each hath one and is one.
My face in thine eye, thine in mine appears,


And true plain hearts do in the faces rest...
- John Donne

I read John Donne's Good Morrow to her father, my Valentine, cozied up in front of a fireplace in a seaside B&B, celebrating our first wedding anniversary.   But unlike that first winter, our love has collatoral now.  We have a little home in the mountains, two blue-eyed children and a dependant dog.  We've earned letters behind our names after having to buy pizza with coins from the change jar.  We've rejected "status quo", said letters, all-the-while missing the people we left behind.  We've had surgery and mortgages and bills and bad sushi along the way but we have always had love.  Will always have love.
Happy Valentines Day to mine - all 3 of you!