love & lifestyle photography

tea & rusks; kootenays lifestyle photographer w/ tam & rob

Tea & rusks with Rob & Tam.
I love these people.  I love their session.  I love that they have brought me back to my first love of photography: lifestyle.
I think these friends might just be my ideal clients.  They weren't preoccupied with perfection, nor afraid to show me who they are.  Beautiful Tamsin, 7mos pregnant, prepared rusks - a South African treat like biscotti - to share.  We sat around their table, laughed, dunked rusks and drank tea.  Made some crumbs and picked them up with licked fingers.
It was wonderfully comfortable.
Tam's more formal portraits are in their babies' room - grey for boy or girl.  The white chair was her mother's, now departed, but playing a prominent role in the room.  I adore the simplicity of this first chapter of their maternity session.  More to follow of their story.
And I would love to follow your family around, share a beverage around your table, and get some captures too!