love & lifestyle photography

summer adventuring; winthrop holiday

“I am convinced that most people do not grow up...
We marry and dare to have children and call that growing up. 
I think what we do is mostly grow old. We carry accumulation of years 
in our bodies, and on our faces, but generally our real selves,
 the children inside, are innocent and shy as magnolias.” 


Summer adventuring involving: beach - froyo - boating - froyo - biking - froyo - bbq - froyo.  This is my happy place; where I can be a child again.    Except when once it was me, bringing a boyfriend (and then getting engaged) here, it is now my niece who is bringing the boy.  When once it was me, meeting new friends, it is now my kiddos who are forging new friendships.
Relationships have grown, trees have grown, and families have grown up Winthrop.
It's a shared love.  There were 73 in our party this year. And while other years I have found it decidedly uncool or too quiet or too familiar - having holidayed here every summer - this year I found it just right again.  Back to the place which I cannot take enough captures to encapsulate this place in my heart.  Back to the place that leaves me wanting.  Back to the place that makes my heart bloom, shy magnolia that it can be.