love & lifestyle photography

justine & sylvan prep; kootenays wedding photographer

 Hello. 
I didn't mean to interrupt your scrolling.  
I just wanted wanted to say that you're beautiful.

Justine and Sylvan prep for their fashionable floral wedding, lakeside in Nelson, with a gown this fashion designer made herself and some of the cutest kids I've ever seen. (Before her little nephew - in suspenders - was eating crackers, he was munching on some flowers. You know you're hungry when...)
Thankfully, the stunning, drapey peony bouquet and rosebud floral crowns were spared.
Meanwhile, at the guys' prep area, there was some online research about tying ties.  Not sure how ties ever got tied before the internet era.  Clip on's, maybe?
I loved being a part of this beautiful hipster affair. It was wonderfully orchestrated and every bit authentic to Justine and Sylvan. Stay tuned for more of the Burgundy, Beard and Boho.

venue - Kokannee Creek Guest Haus
photographer - FRESH Photography
assistant/2nd photographer - Kathryn Gardner
more vendors:
Bridal Gown - hand sewn by bride: silk chiffon and French lace
Bride's shoes - Shoemint 
Veil - bought at a used bridal boutique
Agent Provocateur - fancy lingerie 
Steph dress - Free People
Brittany Dress - Candela
Groomsmen Shirt and Tie - ASOS
Groom & groomsmen shirt & tie: - ASOS   
Grooms shoes -ASOS
Grooms Pants, Vest, Hat - Le Chateau 
Make up Artist - Alyssa Hastings 
Hair dresser - Tiffany Radcliffe
Bride's Jewelry - Jacquie Aiche, Aldo, H&M, Bridal boutique earrings, borrowed grandmother bracelet as my something borrowed
Florals - Were done by my close friend Saskia Dykstra and help from family. She used some local vendors such as 'the Dutch Peony Girl', 'Bella floral', and Safeway for the roses.
Catering - My father is a red seal chef, with the help of my family (mom, sister, aunt, Saskia, to name a few) and some of his staff, catered the dinner. 
Sylvans Aunt Naomi made the delicious wedding cakes.
Decor - I had been slowly thrift shopping the months leading up to the wedding, collecting all of the brass pieces, animals, vases, etc. The runners were hand sewn by Sylvans Mother. Some special pieces were brought in my Sylvans and my family. The pink couch is my mothers vintage couch that we used in our family restaurant. The gramophone was brought in by Sylvans aunt Nanette. All of the wooden signs were used wood from Sylvans work site, Jeremy my brother in law cut them out and my mother painting them herself. The animals I bought were from Secret Garden Toys, then we spray painted them ourselves.
Lollipop Favors - Vanessa Beller, from  A Secret Forest, Etsy