love & lifestyle photography

melissa's knitting maternity; kootenays baby photographer

Melissa's maternity session preceded the birth of her baby by 3 days.  I think that's a record.
Our time for her first of the FRESH Baby Plan sessions was spent outside with Red as our snowy mountain backdrop.  When we went indoors for some cozy lifestyle captures, Melissa knit in her rocking chair and showed me her baby projects with locally spun wool by Tricia Rascu.  Melissa not only favors the color green, she lives green.  Her home is not only cozy - with great window light - but an energy efficient passive home, designed and built by Melissa's husband, Jeff Herr, assuring the highest level of comfort with the minimal environmental impact.  I loved the cement floors, the colors and textures of the warm woolens and the commissioned Stephanie Gauvin painting of their sailboat on their walls.
Mostly I love that my clients share who they are with me.  Stay tuned for baby in a knitting basket; it happened!